4 Paws for Ability is a non-profit organization who has a good reputation for training seizure dogs and we are excited to be working with them. As part of this relationship, we are committed, as volunteers, to raising $13,000 in support of the 4 Paws mission.
We believe having a seizure dog will be life changing and life saving for Evan. He has been accepted for placement of a 4 paws for Ability Service Dog that will be trained especially for him as a Seizure Assistance Dog. Some of the tasks his dog will be trained to do include, but are not limited to:
- Seizure Response: respond to seizures so we can act quickly
- Seizure Detection: detect seizure and alert before seizure begins
- Behavior Disruption: distract Evan from self-injurious behavior
- Balance: provide extra support after seizures or from medication
- Tethering: in crowded areas a second lead can be used for safety