Monday, July 16, 2012

"Mindy is my heart"


Tomorrow morning Evan will meet Mindy. This has been a much anticipated day to say the least. Tonight as Evan got ready for bed we took a photo of Mindy's new ID tag and Evan looked at me and said, "Mindy is my heart." I kissed him on the head and told him I know how he feels but to be honest sometimes he says things that stop me in my tracks.


Five minutes later he was in tears. The anticipation and expectation just caught up with him. It was hard for him to be in Ohio and not get to meet Mindy. Add that to three hours in the pool and the meltdown was inevitable. Rob calmed him down and we read and as soon as his head hit the pillow he was asleep.


Evan usually struggles with insomnia due to one of his medications so this is a pretty remarkable site. Sweet dreams to the boy who is my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of love to all of you. And darn you for making me get out the kleenex. I can't wait to see pics of Evan and Mindy.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm crying with the rest of your readers. Amazing young man you've got there! I'm somewhat surprised he made it this long without a meltdown. Mindy is a long-awaited partner and best friend.
    Love to all of you, but especially to Evan!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete